Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Week of September 8

What can I say? It's been a wild week. First the nitty gritty. I spent all of about 2.5 hours this week on PCs. Why? Well, it's been a wild week! Hurricane Ike's projected path early in the week was bearing right down on us. By Thursday hurricane preparations were in full force at the house. I spent the day cutting wood, boarding up, and clearing the garage to fit 2 cars. That last task meant arranging bikes. I brought the race bike indoors, and the PC equipped bike was crammed back in the garage. With the PC bike out of sight, grabbing it for a ride was tough. From Thursday to Sunday I did get some riding in (on all 4 days in fact), but all were on the race bike with regular cranks. Hey, no apologies there. Hurricanes forced me to do it.

Fortunately the house was spared any real damage. The roads were a little messy Saturday and Sunday, but overall things are pretty good. I was supposed to go to Japan Sunday morning, but the airport was closed down and I cancelled the trip. What was going to be my one week vacation from riding looks to now be a one week cycling vacation (no work this week due to the aftermath of Ike). Expect lots of PC time next week.

PC time this week – 2 hours 30 minutes
PC time to date – 45 hours 55 minutes

1 comment:

Linda said...

Good read, you have written is beautifully and in an understandable language. Thank you for sharing it with us and keep posting more such posts