Sunday, October 26, 2008

Week of October 20

Not much riding this week. I had a trip to Japan for work which really dug into my training time. I flew out on Sunday, had some excellent food, gained a pound or two, and came back ready to roll. Arrived back in Houston Friday morning, stopped off for a burrito, went home and had a 90 minute nap, and then hit the road. Friday was just a 65 minute ride on the PCs with a couple of 6-7 minute intervals at threshold to wake the body up. Perceived effort was high which was not surprising given the 5 days with no exercise.

Saturday – Did the group ride on regular cranks and felt both good and bad. The good was that my threshold power really seemed alive. The bad was that I was lacking my VO2 range. My pulls weren’t as numerous or intense this Saturday. The overall power numbers, however, were still pretty good. Not as good as last Saturday’s effort, but decent nonetheless.

Sunday – The legs were are a little sore from washing 3 cars Saturday. They got even more sore about an hour into a 2:30 long ride on the PCs. The stress from Saturday combined with a longer PC effort left my limbs tired. Today’s ride was mostly endurance but with about an hour of L3 and above in there. Looking forward to a hard week of riding ahead to get the TSS back up there.

PC time this week – 3 hours 35 minutes
PC time to date – 78 hours 35 minutes

No comments: