Sunday, December 21, 2008

Week of December 15

Monday & Tuesday – Zero riding. I had to go to a conference at work these days, the First International Conference on Laser Peening. Huh? Actually laser peening, which is just like shot peening except a laser is used rather than shot, would have application to bikes. But that’s a story for another day…

Wednesday – Got out of the conference early and went to lunch with some folks. I made the mistake of ordering enchiladas and having a few too many chips. End result was that when I got home and tried to ride my belly was stuffed to the limit and I felt like I wanted to vomit. 50 minutes of torture with the Powercranks due to being full of Tex Mex.

Thursday – First day of Christmas vacation and it was spent on the road. Given I didn’t ride Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday was more of an opener than a real workout I was feeling pretty good. Perhaps a good day for an hour test? Um, nope. 8-10 minutes into an effort I realized things weren’t going to happen for me the way I wanted. I went out a little too hard and was having to pay back the power man. So I rescoped and worked on other threshold and tempo aspects. Unfortunately 68 minutes into my 2:50 ride my PT succumbed to moisture from the 100% humidity. The remainder was mostly tempo on the PCs.

Friday – 85 minutes of endurance/tempo on the PCs.

Saturday – Usual blitz fest but nothing stands out from today’s ride.

Sunday – A strong cold front moved in overnight and brought strong north winds and cooler air. That combination, plus a stomach ache and ankle pain had me cut my ride short at 1:45.

Overall a bit of a bummer week. The good news is I’m on vacation for the next few weeks.

PC time this week – 6 hours 50 minutes

PC time to date – 143 hours 55 minutes

Weekly status of power progression – Nothing new to report this week.

No comments: