Monday, January 26, 2009

Week of January 19

Monday - Day off for me due to the federal holiday and I was hoping to have a solid ride before heading out of town for work. What a miserable freaking ride. I had no legs. 3:10 of PC riding with dead legs. It got so bad I called my wife when I was about 25 miles from home and said to meet me up the road with some fresh clothes and we'd go out to lunch. The 15-20 mph headwind the way back made for a LONG ride, and I met my wife about 16 miles from where I called. Perfect timing, and I was ready for some tasty Tex-Mex. If you're ever in the greater Manvel, Texas area, head to Emily's on Highway 6.

Tuesday - no riding as I flew to LA for work

Wednesday - I don't see how my pal Rich does it. When he goes out of town he can put an hour or two on the exercise bike to keep in shape. I lasted 15 minutes in the 'bent exercise bike before my rear said no more. Uncomfortable.

Thursday - Got the upright exercise bike today and lasted another 15 minutes. Why can't these things be comfy?

Friday - Was able to fly home early and got 1:05 of mixed PC riding in.

Saturday - group ride, nothing really of note.

Sunday - I just couldn't get motivated to head out in the cold. I bailed on riding today.

Overall a bland week of riding. I hate hotel exercise equipment! To think I've got a week long trip to Italy soon and will be stuck in hotel exercise room hell again.

PC time this week - 4 hours 15 minutes
PC time to date - 170 hours 25 minutes

1 comment:

Miranda said...

Hey! Found your blog from ST.
Maan ... I feel your pain trying to train while travelling. Not always fun!
If you can find a gym with spin bikes, that's often WAY better. The thing with the exercise bikes (besides the crazy saddle!) is that you never seem to be able to get any sort of decent setup (the increments for saddle height, etc are so big).
The other thing that really helped me was to take my IPod and HRM and show up with a structured workout.
Mentally I always found it way easier to do some kind of intervals rather than trying to "just spin" when I was uncomfortable.

Good luck!

Miranda