Friday, August 15, 2008

Week of August 11

Monday - a bit of an interval session on the PCs. 2 minutes at 95-110% of FTP followed by a minute of recovery. Did this for as long as possible, which was about 36 minutes total of on time. Total time on PCs was 1:45.
Tuesday - just an easy ride on the PCs for 1:20.
Wednesday - no motivation to ride
Thursday - intended to do a long tempo ride, and things started great. After a 30 minute warmup I headed into the tempo portion where I was hitting 80-85% of my normal crank FTP. Did this for 30 minutes and I was sweating like a pig. It was hot and humid with the heat index over 100 F. My sunscreen was dripping into my eyes and burning them, I was losing a lot of sweat, and the heat eventually took its toll. Legs felt like I could have continued with the tempo effort but the heat was the issue. Ended up with my longest PC ride, however, at 2:45. Also had my highest normalized power for a longer duration.
Friday - out for an 1:10 of easy riding on the PCs. Have to drive to Austin today
Saturday/Sunday - will be on the road bike, perhaps doing a little testing on regular cranks if I feel recovered. Let's see if these PCs are doing what they are supposed to.

PC time this week - 7 hours
PC time to date - 20 hours

No comments: